Monday, July 28, 2014

WEEK 2

Day One

Sunday July 27, 2014

I woke up today eager to focus on making the right choices.  I think my kitchen is looking better already!

I went to the local healthy grocer armed with my list.  I never tried to buy so much health food at one time in my life!  People were helpful, both customers and staff, which was great because I was so clueless!  I felt very frustrated with the fresh produce bags that are even harder to open than in the traditional grocery stores.  I suspect these are better for the environment, but I wish there could be a more customer friendly design.  I don't think I ever spent so much time in a grocer store as I did today!  But it was worth it, I got everything on my list, and nothing that was NOT on the list.  I purchased fewer bags than usual, and it cost more than usual, but I'm trying to weigh the health benefits against the financial concern.

My food:

Breakfast:  Oatmeal, cinnamon, mashed banana (at home)
Lunch:   Big bowl of salad with balsamic vinegar and roasted vegetables. (at home)
Snack:  Cucumber fresh from my garden, sliced, and a peach  (at the movies)
Dinner: Spring Mix Salad, black beans with cilantro, onion, cayenne pepper, long grain brown rice

I crave oil.  And salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment